Yes, technology – whatever may be said about it, helps reduce costs to a great extent.
Some examples of how you can save costs using technology
1. Instead of meeting personally – do a web conference
2. Instead of writing a mail – email the content.
3. Instead of faxing a item – scan it and email it as attachment.
4. If you want to discuss – use a chat system
5. If you want to talk – use Web Voice chat facility – thus reducing your phone bills
6. Instead of PRINTING those costly brochures – simply convert it into a web brochure or as PDF and send it. This would reduce costs.
7. Where ever you know what you want to buy – use web shopping. This would reduce commuting time as well as oil.
8. There are many classifieds and listing websites available. Check multiple sites and find the best deal. Sometimes even second hand (or sparingly USED) goods are available at throwaway prices. Also you may find great deals at some upcoming websites too rather than established ones.
9. Showing those lovely pics – use a digital camera and upload them to a photogallery on the web. If privacy is a problem – you can find many secure and paid photo galleries online. This would reduce photo printing costs.
10. You can use a mobile phone to communicate. Hence try to do most of the sales or promotions via phone – if any of the above method is not possible – yet you will save more costs that if you were to personally go and meet someone.
Know of more ways of saving costs using technology…comment