Every second counts. Security of networks is a 24 X 7 job. With all the security, firewalls, lots of money spent on secure systems, anti virus, maintaining the same…is your network really secure?
No – there is nothing like a secure network – hence my title sec – curing – networks! You spend many valuable seconds of your life simply trying to secure your networks.
For any individual – Jaagare suggests the following.
- Never – YES NEVER – keep a always ON internet connection. This will prevent attacks on your system when not in use and also prevent unnecessary upload / downloads if the internet connection is ON. As soon as your work is complete switch off the internet connection and any other connection to other networks.
- Install a complete antivirus and preferably use a internet security suite.
- Keep passwords at 2 levels on your system – when you boot up and then at the login screen.
- Change your passwords at regular intervals. Preferably don’t use passwords of your names, close ones etc… easy chances of passwords being hacked.
- If you see any suspicious activity on your system – preferably immediately disconnect the internet and run your anti virus, anti spyware and anti adware….
- Purchase online only from known vendors and preferably websites that have the GREEN BAR on top – better know as secure sites.
If there are any other methods please discuss them over here…